Code of Conduct
ALE'23 is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all the participants and the ALE'23 team.
All participants, including, but not limited to: attendees, speakers, volunteers, ALE'23 team members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct.
This Policy applies to all ALE'23 meetings and events on public or private platforms.
ALE'23 has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, ALE'23 team member, service provider, or other meeting guests.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces, presentations, or on online environments (e.g., text, email, social media, etc.), threatening, deliberate intimidation or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, ALE'23 team member, service provider, or other meeting guests in online environments.
- Harassing photography or recording that might be posted or distributed.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, or at other events organized by ALE'23. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any member of the ALE'23 team.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitations for services. ALE'23 reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
How to report?
If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, ALE'23 team asks that you either make an anonymous report or a personal report as follows (please use English as we are an international organization team):
- Anonymous Report
You can make an anonymous report on this form. Although we cannot follow up on an anonymous report with you directly, we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
- Personal Report
You can make a personal report by contacting the ALE'23 team by messaging one of the ALE'23 organizers:
How will we deal with unacceptable behavior?
ALE'23 reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and ALE'23 reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.